Submissions are open for Issue X: oleander
Email your submissions to: email@example.com (there is an email template below if you wish to use it). Please include your third person bio within the email (even if you have contributed previously).
We accept previously published pieces but we do not accept simultaneous submissions.
- All pieces submitted should interpret the theme in some way and ideally not use the Issue title to title submissions. You will be asked to come up with a new title if the piece is named ‘Oleander’ this is to avoid repetition across the publication. Please read the guidelines for each type of submission carefully.
- All written submissions must be submitted as a Word document or Google doc, in a readable font like Arial, Calibri or Times New Roman in size 12 font. Include your written submissions in one document, with each piece beginning on a new page, please do not attach them separately.
- Please name your file ‘YourName_FVR_Genre’. An example: ‘KristianaReed_FVR_Poetry’.
- You are able to submit to multiple areas and it does not matter if you have been a contributor before.
- Poetry: you may submit up to four pieces for consideration but multiple submissions must be given a page each. Poems should not exceed 40 lines.
- Prose: you may submit up to two pieces for consideration.
- Creative non-fiction: you may submit two pieces for consideration.
- Visual poetry/art and photography: creators may submit up to five images for consideration. Images should be crisp and 300 DPI.
Disclaimer: Free Verse Revolution cannot pay contributors at this time. Current donations/profits go towards paying for the domain name on WordPress and for the time and work carried out by the editor.
Subject: Free Verse Revolution – Submission(s)
Please find attached my submission(s) for Issue X: oleander.
Thank you for your consideration.